Okay, what happened since the fiasco of a gold-and-silver pattern I tried to do on a bodhrán shell?
Repainted -- it was unfinished by this point, but still. And those are actually two different colours -- perhaps later pictures will show the difference.
Final details. And yes, in case anyone needs physical proof that I toiled on those drawings, and that they are all different colours, here it is.
In case anyone has no idea what's going on, I'm going to explain this as briefly as possible:
Right, so Seán recently got an 18" tunable bodhrán, and in the vein of his father's bodhrán, he wanted some designs on the frame. He and I planned for it, and first settled on gold and silver twirly lines. Let's just say, that first painting bit started off beautifully but worsened dramatically as it went along, so Seán sanded it down and restained it, and I started all over again. This is the close-to-finished product, missing a few touches here and there. Oh, and the tuning mechanism's been taken off too, if you're wondering what the holes in the frame were for.