Creo - Sphere Creo - Sphere

The opening is beautifully atmospheric. I love it.
Slight pause at 0:24 which really threw me off, but otherwise.... that sax melody, maaang. <3 It's not the sound of the sax, but just how well done that melody is done.

1:03 or thereabouts has a quirky, Waterflame-ish feel about it. I don't know what it evokes to you, but it brings to mind atmosphere, water and wind all moving in the same fast pace.

2:10 or thereabouts, I don't know what to feel about the slight tempo changes. But otherwise, I love what it sounds like.

2:23 -- Love the melody, but I don't know what to feel about the complete and utter change in feel there.

It seems that you've been experimenting with several feels of one piece before settling with one, the one that appears most, at both 1:03 and 3:00. I don't know if that is what you intended, but it certainly comes across to me as such. And outside of the iffiness I sometimes have with the complete changes in feel, you did well with repeating chords and melodic motifs -- you built up well, you seem to have the mastery of music within your grasp.

A solid 4 from me; well done.

Memories Memories

That opening pad is nice, warm and harmonious. Then that kick comes in -- very well mixed by the way; I can feel the air around me vibrate. It's ambient, and has a very nice subtle blend of every frequency on the spectrum.

I don't know if I associate this piece with memories, though. There is a general feel-good, mystical but also Ar Tonelico-like atmosphere to it. That vox in the back (I don't know if it is a vox) is a nice touch. The melodies, when they are introduced, are simple and effective. They don't dart all over the place. You build up the piece very well, even with similar chords playing in the background, so every credit to you.

It's not your stereotypical house track, but on its own, it's a very emotionally evocative piece. Well done.

Mauxus responds:

This is very helpful, thank you! For some reason this track has been extremely time consuming to mix to a level that was acceptable to me and it feels good to have confirmation that I'm heading in the right direction.

Eliminator Eliminator

The melody itself is good, and the bassline lends itself to some Kingdom Hearts-esque music, but beyond that, a lot of improvement is needed with the sound choice. I understand the need for electronic sounds in a drum and bass track like this, but many of them were just grating on the ears. You also mentioned a part where two melodies were clashing with each other, so at least you are aware of that mistake and have corrected it.

There is also a bit of a void, with no warmth or no underlying frequency to give this piece a bit of oomph (like a low-to-mid range synth or pad for backing chords). A lot of this piece plays out in the two frequency extremes, low and high.

To me, this piece spells out "so much potential, not the best execution possible." Though hopefully, the remix contest you have just announced will bring out the potential we all see in this piece.

FirePowerX responds:

Defiently agree with your opinions, thanks so much for the kind words and tips!

Rock Loop Rock Loop

Thoughts:

- Sweet drum patterns you have here. They are my favourite part of the piece. The drum is my favourite instrument and so, well done on really nailing this. A bit of studio reverb might help them maybe?

- The sounds all need to be fatter. It sounds to me that the guitar is a default FL Slayer preset, which probably needs to be amped up with EQ, heavy amounts of distortion and a different cabinet. Right now, it sounds tinny and admittedly, is the go-to for those of us who don't have a better guitar setting to use. I wonder if Sytrus won't have something to layer behind Slayer for that added oomph.

- Do I hear BooBass or something? The bass is fine as far as I am aware. Also, it isn't clashing with that kick, so it's okay.

- It loops decently. It does remind me of one of the first rock loops I made on FL, albeit more complex than that, so it does evoke a bit of nostalgia for me.

- Technically your setup could class as heavy metal, because heavy metal is classed by the use of simply guitar / bass / drums. There is a heavy emphasis on space, which is what made it break from rock in the first place. Try imagining what it would sound like, in that new light, and work on your EQ and reverb accordingly.

Stereocrisis responds:

The drum patterns are the FL presets. I chopped them up of course, and stitched them back together.

DIST Dire Straits sample for the guitar, with some 80's Lead under the category Hardcore for the guitar pedals. With some EQ 2 set on Radio. I admittedly dislike the sounds as they are, even with all that added. Live instruments sound so much better.

BASS Punch sample for the bass on this track, with the Soundgoodizer and the Fruity Parametric EQ 2 set on Radio. Same as the guitar.

And thank you, genuinely, for the genre idea. I never know how to define the sound of these creations. I wish it was real instruments. These are great starting points though, I could learn it on guitar. I don't own a bass though.

The Race Through The Colors The Race Through The Colors

Right off the bat, I get a Touhou vibe with that piano.

I would echo what Lucid said, except I will add one more thing. Please, PLEEEEASE humanise that piano in the beginning. There is nothing that spells mssed musical potential to me like a piano with no differentiation in note volume.

That background pad could do with a little toning down, but could provide some nice ambience. Right now though, it is drowning out the lead synth.

Keep at it. Nice percussion and decent bassline by the way. You have a feel for the rhythm section of this piece, and all it needs now is to be fine-tuned.

FirePowerX responds:

Gotcha! Thanks for the review! :)

Chrombus loop Chrombus loop

For a simple arpeggiation, you show just how well you handle chords. I love good chord progressions, and I can tell a good one when I hear it. There's also a bit of a quirky, and at once melancholic, feel. I was actually thinking of a melody to go on top of this, the whole time listening to it.

No doubt, I imagine that if I used it, I would build it up with lyrics, and maybe a few things. Don't know if I will, but that's beside the point.

GundamBlunt responds:

Thanks for your feedback and compliments, I really appreciate it. If you want I could send you a copy that you can freely use for whatever you like?

Also, thanks to you, I finally looked up the definition of the word melancholy. Learning new stuff every day.

Aria - Outer Rings Aria - Outer Rings

The breath you give to a spacey track like this is really nice. When I started listening to this, I actually honestly felt like I was in a spacecraft of some sort.

Not sure about the percussion; I feel it's too hard and too dry for something like this. Something a little wetter, more subtle and more awe-inspiring perhaps?

That piano is really well done. Light on the fingers, just delicate and nice for this song. The amount of buildup you give with four chords is pretty good. Only suggestion I have with that piano is to make it a little more 'distant' in the mix, if you will. Something that gives the impression that "whoa, I'm travelling through space, and this is huge." And then bring it forward like you do. Playing around with effects like these is something that I suppose can be done.

DelitescentAria responds:

Woo! :D

Thanks for the positive feedback I appreciate it.

You're right about the whole theme thing. I the song is smooth than so must be the drums so I'll definitely look into that. Same for the piano.

Thanks again for the feedback! :D

Sunset Haze Sunset Haze

Your mixing may not be the best, but my word you have amazing chords. And that bassline. Well done.

VisceralSounds responds:

Thank you! :)

Spectral Fun ~P~ Spectral Fun ~P~

There's something I thoroughly enjoy about it... the textures present with all those chords. Those vocal layers remind me about parts of the Ar Tonelico 3 soundtrack that aren't fully sung, and those always struck a chord in my heart.

I've let it loop, because of all the feelings it evokes for me. Good job on the experimentation.

Phyrnna responds:

Oh yesh, I was particularly fond of how the vocals came out! :D More experiments to come in the future! :D

FD - Lost FD - Lost

I have vibes of Suikoden IV's ending slate coming into my mind when I hear this. (cf. Palisade Melody)

The noise that comes in as a background texture actually complements the chords that you put in here. I can imagine someone walking in a cold, dark night. It's raining, or threatening to rain. The wind is howling. There is either the feeling of loss, or... maybe just a general unsettling feeling and you have to get out, the mystery is too hard to solve and the weather is making it too vile to go much faster.

Thoroughly enjoyed listening to this, thanks for sharing. <3

ForgottenDawn responds:

I really like this interpretation, thank you for sharing. :)