Mighty No. 9 on Wii U !! Mighty No. 9 on Wii U !!

Trite animation, trite humour. I know memes are meant to express what's going on in the here and the now but man, overused much?

That intro took way too long as well. It would have done a lot better if the animation was more lifelike, the music didn't so much determine how that boy was clenching his fist and putting the game into the console. I mean, if you're excited about a game, you wouldn't take that long to clench your fist while seated down like that, for example.

Inspired Inspired

The video appeals to all of us who have submitted some content here worth something, indeed. Animation is fluid and gets the point across really well, and no voices were needed to convey it. Well done!

Music was a bit generic but to be fair, I think it *may* have been a good call doing so given the amount of musicians on here, I don't know.

Stereotype: Irish Stereotype: Irish

Amazing animation, and I'm aware it's a stereotype. Rating it 5 anyway, knowing that the animation is "exactly what it says on the tin." The Dublin accent on some of the supporting characters is also fairly spot-on.

Though I can pretty much imagine why the Irish got so angry when your character in that animation said "I can't imagine why they left." The famine is still a very, VERY touchy subject to the Irish consciousness. Having an Irish fiancé makes me especially aware of it...

I think what would have been *more* stereotypical to start a riot is when you're a Green person or supporter in an Orange area. Probably just as tasteless, but more accurate.

WooleyWorld responds:

Yeah people seem to be forgetting the title after clicking on it...
Glad you liked it. Thank you.

Deterministic Dungeon Deterministic Dungeon

Considering this is an RNG, I was wondering why there were no items to speed up and slow down the counters. Anyway.

The art was alright, and the gameplay got me sucked in during the first few levels. I think the trouble with this is that you'd be more likely to grind in the upper levels before going down. Tedium at its worst. I love the odd weapons in this game. A spork? Maybe a balloon animal? It'd be nice to include these in the field journal as well, to give us players a sense of accomplishment. And then have a New Game Plus feature so that if we're gunning for the 100%, we could have a few more tries on the gachapon machine.

The music is quite nice. Calming, in a lot of places. You wouldn't expect that of a dungeon, but it works.

The gameplay itself, on the other hand, raises questions like

1) How is it that the RNG moves four spaces once, and five spaces another when I time it to the precise second? This should NOT be happening. Unless you scrambled it instead of letting the selector move from top left to bottom right, this shouldn't be happening.

2) The skip function in making room layouts should be just as random as the making of the room itself. EVERY SINGLE TIME I skipped, the boss wasn't happy with his placement. There shouldn't be impossible scenarios like this every time the Skip button is pressed.

Alright game, I suppose.

PestoForce responds:

There are buffs to slow down the chooser, keep playing! Also, every weapon is in the field journal, look in the "special" section tab on the left.

Authentic Octopus Game (Demo) Authentic Octopus Game (Demo)

I thoroughly enjoyed the game, and FINALLY got past the Doric / Ionic / Corinthian columns. Loved the humour as well, and just how smoothly the game played. I've supported this game on Greenlight -- all the very best!

squidly responds:

If you're ever stuck on greek art history again, just look em' up :P

Find the pairs! Find the pairs!

A few things:

For a game created in that amount of time, I think I've seen better transitions and graphics than this. This is plain. I like that the card art was drawn, but you don't credit anyone.

In fact, you didn't credit the artist, and you didn't credit the musician, which was @Phyrnna. That track was from Bullet Heaven. Low blow, eh? That counts as stealing.

There's a bit of a delay when it comes to getting wrong pairs etc.

Want a real challenge? Come up with a game in 72 hours. People have done it and won prizes for it. You can do a lot better than this.

GSquadron responds:

On the credits section you can see who did the cards and they are fully credited inside the game.
The song is CC0 and I do not have to credit the artist. Here you can read more about it http://open.commonly.cc/
The delay can be upgraded in the shop. Second one.
People have done games in 72 hours but did use better engines than what I did. (Yet there is a difference in quality)
This is way beyond my skills considering I have made only two game engines so far.

Also remember, the 72 hours challenges are just prototypes and they had artists on their back. I had to do the gui all by myself and backgrounds.

Do you really believe that after 5 years of experience, I go and waste my reputation to steal others work? It would not be worth it and nobody would steal anything especially people who have been programming for years.

Anyway thanks for your comment! :)

Eliminator Eliminator

The melody itself is good, and the bassline lends itself to some Kingdom Hearts-esque music, but beyond that, a lot of improvement is needed with the sound choice. I understand the need for electronic sounds in a drum and bass track like this, but many of them were just grating on the ears. You also mentioned a part where two melodies were clashing with each other, so at least you are aware of that mistake and have corrected it.

There is also a bit of a void, with no warmth or no underlying frequency to give this piece a bit of oomph (like a low-to-mid range synth or pad for backing chords). A lot of this piece plays out in the two frequency extremes, low and high.

To me, this piece spells out "so much potential, not the best execution possible." Though hopefully, the remix contest you have just announced will bring out the potential we all see in this piece.

FirePowerX responds:

Defiently agree with your opinions, thanks so much for the kind words and tips!

Rock Loop Rock Loop

Thoughts:

- Sweet drum patterns you have here. They are my favourite part of the piece. The drum is my favourite instrument and so, well done on really nailing this. A bit of studio reverb might help them maybe?

- The sounds all need to be fatter. It sounds to me that the guitar is a default FL Slayer preset, which probably needs to be amped up with EQ, heavy amounts of distortion and a different cabinet. Right now, it sounds tinny and admittedly, is the go-to for those of us who don't have a better guitar setting to use. I wonder if Sytrus won't have something to layer behind Slayer for that added oomph.

- Do I hear BooBass or something? The bass is fine as far as I am aware. Also, it isn't clashing with that kick, so it's okay.

- It loops decently. It does remind me of one of the first rock loops I made on FL, albeit more complex than that, so it does evoke a bit of nostalgia for me.

- Technically your setup could class as heavy metal, because heavy metal is classed by the use of simply guitar / bass / drums. There is a heavy emphasis on space, which is what made it break from rock in the first place. Try imagining what it would sound like, in that new light, and work on your EQ and reverb accordingly.

Stereocrisis responds:

The drum patterns are the FL presets. I chopped them up of course, and stitched them back together.

DIST Dire Straits sample for the guitar, with some 80's Lead under the category Hardcore for the guitar pedals. With some EQ 2 set on Radio. I admittedly dislike the sounds as they are, even with all that added. Live instruments sound so much better.

BASS Punch sample for the bass on this track, with the Soundgoodizer and the Fruity Parametric EQ 2 set on Radio. Same as the guitar.

And thank you, genuinely, for the genre idea. I never know how to define the sound of these creations. I wish it was real instruments. These are great starting points though, I could learn it on guitar. I don't own a bass though.

The Race Through The Colors The Race Through The Colors

Right off the bat, I get a Touhou vibe with that piano.

I would echo what Lucid said, except I will add one more thing. Please, PLEEEEASE humanise that piano in the beginning. There is nothing that spells mssed musical potential to me like a piano with no differentiation in note volume.

That background pad could do with a little toning down, but could provide some nice ambience. Right now though, it is drowning out the lead synth.

Keep at it. Nice percussion and decent bassline by the way. You have a feel for the rhythm section of this piece, and all it needs now is to be fine-tuned.

FirePowerX responds:

Gotcha! Thanks for the review! :)

The Flash The Flash

Colours-wise, this one looks.... alright. A bit washed-out for the Flash's taste, but okay. I like that you added some shading lines on the F and on the top right side of the image; those would be better suited as the image of speed, those trail lines that you draw right behind the Flash as he moves.

As far as the drawing goes though, your proportions are really out of wack. It'd be okay if you were doing a caricature of the Flash, but considering what this is meant to be.... no, it's not okay.

I think a number of people have responded to your thread, and a few have asked you to study anatomy. I cannot emphasise this enough.

L33t agent cycle of life L33t agent cycle of life

That beginning screen reminds me of that one GameCube game with the subtitle of 'Sanity's Requiem' that basically messed up with your mind. Well done.

The Last Unicorn Amalthea screen-cap redraw &amp;lt;3 The Last Unicorn Amalthea screen-cap redraw <3

The redraw reminds me of what Naoko Takeuchi did with the Sailor Moon manga -- similar hair, similar eyes, similar mouth. It brings nostalgia to me somehow.