It's Palm Sunday today, the start of Holy Week, and only one more week till Easter. You know what this means as far as my NG activity is concerned:
ONE MORE WEEK OF INACTIVITY, AND I WILL BE BACK TO FULL ACTIVITY ON EASTER SUNDAY.
Step has brought the NGAP 10th Anniversary contest to my attention, and I will be taking part in this. I will be beginning work on my submission next Sunday.
As for how I am able to begin work: Christo (Merlyne) has helped me get the systems back up and running with a secondhand PC. Those of you who follow me on Facebook will know this piece of news already. But to explain further, this is what was done:
1) Take a secondhand Acer Aspire 3690 which you won from an eBay auction for an affordable amount.
2) Insert previous DDR2 RAM into the current RAM slots, bringing the RAM up from 1GB to 2.5GB.
3) Do a straight hard drive swap so that the PC now runs on Windows 7, instead of Windows Vista. All programs from the previous computer would be there too.
4) Uninstall most of the HP software, since I won't be using it.
5) Nuke FL Studio. No, I mean it. Merlyne and I nuked FL Studio just so that it would run fairly smoothly. I say fairly, because while I can run most of my projects on FL Studio, I cannot run two files very well: Terre des Hommes Libres (yes, this song is too heavy for this computer) and Version 1 of Letters from the Journey to Stonyhurst, which I'll be putting up with my unfinished works after Easter.
In other news, I'll be recording with Kingdom of Herts on Monday, and we'll be throwing a few surprises in. I really, really can't wait! :D
Well, that's it from me for now. Before I take leave, thanks so much for all your support, and for checking in on me, either on NG, Facebook, Twitter or Skype. I appreciate this very much, you have no idea how <3
Happy and blessed Palm Sunday to all who observe it, and I'll see you guys later.