View Profile Troisnyx

All 81 Art Reviews

46 w/ Responses

On the surface, it's a really warm but dystopian life drawing. There are loads of tired, bored and eager faces. Look deeper, and there is one person with a light shining around her, that one person who is so easy to miss. We see people, but not the *persons*.

Might also add that the colour is on point. It's so easy on my eyes despite it being warm, and I could stare at this all day. It looks like it is part of a film of some sort, and I would love to see more -- either sequel drawings, or animated. Thank you for sharing this with us.

MagtiraPaolo responds:

Thank you for the kind words! Actually, this image is a cover for 60 page comic I made. It's slated for a local release this Saturday. Unfortunately, I hadn't gotten around an english translation for the comic yet, considering the subject matter and narrative is too culturally inclined with my country and its people. It might not make much sense to western readers. I don't know, maybe someday the publisher will push for an international release.

The panel structure is much neater, tidier, more dynamic than your previous work. I'd still suggest to work on cleaner depictions of the human form, I think that'd enhance it by a long shot.

You seem to be much better at backgrounds; the first thumbnail feels pretty spot on to me. I couldn't tell, until thumbnail 4, however, that it was a tentacle monster attacking, and why it was attacking. The lines in thumbnails 2, 3, 4 and 5 need distinguishing -- drawing it fast, in one stroke, could help it look steadier and less shaky -- and for something with a lot of action, there need to be clearer lines that distinguish.

Also, don't hesitate to use mid greys, perhaps by just doing lighter ink washes for parts that are not too light, or not too dark.

There's been one artist whom I've been following this Inktober, her username on Twitter is kilotango. She's been doing an entire series of single thumbnails with characters Tacey and Clay, her originals. The way she draws and colours things has been a particular inspiration to me of late, and I'd also like you to see what you can pick up from that.

AdventVoice responds:

Sounds great, I will give her a peep.

Welp, we already have our winner.

Wonder if the image is about booze and its effects. Dutch courage to the right, temperament change to the left, and at the very top, what happens when you're plastered?

For what seems to be quite an abrasive thing to think about, the colours are quite soft. It's really pleasing to look at. The pink must reminds me of Dumbo's "Pink Elephants on Parade," and the alcohol-related hallucination he has during that song. Shading, lighting and anatomy are on point; I have no complaints whatsoever and I think it's brilliant.

It simply took me a while to come up with my understanding, however incorrect it may be, of what the image is about -- but it makes me appreciate it even more, than if it were just an aesthetic piece without much decipherable meaning I guess.

It has a rather nostalgic feel to it. I like it a lot. Comic book nostalgia, perhaps. The colours are striking; they caught my eye as soon as I saw it. I like.

WooleyWorld responds:

I think the first one was more successful, but I do like this one a lot too.

The colours are spot-on, the balance is spot-on, the image is uplifting. You probably will have had this experience from all the comic panels you drew, and it really caught my eye the first time I saw it. Excellent!

Very mesmerising to look at, especially with the little details you've added, the rocks on the path and the stars in the sky. Everything has detail, which I'll notice after looking at it a second, and then a third time. Brilliant! All the very best!

Flaxor responds:

Thanks a lot! I was going to make it a minute long with the character dying at the end, but thought it too much for a gif. Maybe I can add even more details with NPCs in the background and objects. All the best to you too!

The proportions feel out (or if that's meant to be a foreshortening thing, the lighting throws it off) -- but otherwise, my word the colours are stunning. The hair and the tail especially. They are mesmerising to look at.

What did you use for this, out of curiosity?

BiggCaZv2 responds:

Acrylic on canvas.

I love this. Notwithstanding the fact that it's Splatoon and everyone recognises these characters from a mile away, the art style is so sweet. I love the pastel colours you used. It's not 'in your face' like other Splatoon fanart I've seen so far; it just looks like a beautiful shared moment between friends that you want to let last forever -- the colours really do play a part in conveying that to me.

It feels like a little something out of a children's book, too. That feels like a plus in my book ^_^

Hey. I only discovered this today and I'm really touched by your character and her story. I didn't realise that you drew inspiration from me all this time. Thank you so much for sharing.

There's something very ghastly about her eyes, it's the first thing that comes to mind. That, and perhaps the chill of the Russian climate you showed here.

Pronounced "trwa-nix." I dream up meepy dreams full of meep.
Currently doing things nonprofit.

Annette Singh @Troisnyx