View Profile Troisnyx

All 80 Art Reviews

46 w/ Responses

Love the work you've done on these. The brown key with the triquetra at the centre has got to be my favourite... because there's a triquetra in it!

Out of this set, probably the lightning and ice ones strike me most.
Lovely shading as always, though I get most drawn by colour splashes that are offbeat and otherwise fun.

I know skulls are overdone and they're quite a common symbolism of death, piracy etc., but I'm not here to mention all this. I don't know how to put what I feel about this piece into words. To me, it isn't quite ominous. I find it very intriguing. It has so many splashes of colour that I really want to examine in great detail, like an archaeologist coming across some undiscovered bones. The parts that aren't splashed in purple and pink feel very... alien-y, if that's even a thing. Or maybe amphibian, I don't know. The ridges on the top make it feel like some sort of fish. It's like, an otherworldly green and grey that makes me want to hold it in my hand, wonder where it came from and perhaps examine it even further.

Not only do you show a great level of detail and anatomy, but you also communicate some things about this skull that only some of us would realise. For instance, its teeth. They're on the same level, in two perfectly straight rows, and there's no overbite. Could it have been the skull of someone who wrenched his food with his teeth, and used nothing but his bare hands? It gives me a sort of primal feel to it. This picture is simple, but makes me so intrigued.

Very well done.

I know it's a reskin of the Ice Golem, but there's something very.... uh... Marluxia-like about this enemy. It wasn't the case in the game, but I could just imagine rose petals and very graceful but deadly movements whenever I see this. There's also a bit of detail that I can see here, which I missed out when playing the game -- like the roots in its mouth.

Lovely drawing, as always.

Just want to say, that fire-breathing wolf looks amazing, the way you rendered it. To say nothing about the tense atmosphere, the red-hot stones or even the panicky look on Mega Man's face. Well done.

There's something very Jak & Daxter-ish about this piece. I really like that sort of feel, and it reminds me of the haunting story that the games have. Well done.

Kamikaye responds:

Thx :) I should look up those games, been hearing this couple of times now.

The first time I saw this, it made me think of Mulan (as Ping), with her green uniform, on horseback. Regardless of what exactly it is, the effect is the same -- it looks heroic, action-packed. Very well done.

ArtistGamerGal responds:

That is crazy- We actually referenced character sheets from Mulan for inspiration for this so it's crazy that you saw that influence! Thank you for the great feedback!!

Nice form -- I wonder if you could improve on the light and shadow a little, make it really eye-catching. On the blade, I'm not really sure which parts are darker and which parts are lighter (i.e., where the source of light really comes from). The handle doesn't help matters.

peach50 responds:

That's great thanks, I can work with that :)

You've most certainly put me in a bovine moooooooooooooooooooood.

Rhunyc responds:

That's dairy mooving!

This is inspiration for me to make a new song. I haven't played Airscape before, but this piece of artwork not only makes me want to do so. It also makes me want to feel like a child again, and for many good reasons.

Everything is whimsical, the background is so magical, and... that planet in the background has so much detail, and it kinda feels like something out of Super Mario Galaxy. Every child has a dream of space travel at some point, and I certainly did, and you made me revisit that childlike desire of mine.

ManuelTacoface responds:

It's really awesome to hear that I've inspired someone, seriously you don't know what that means to me, thank you so much. Message me when the song is released btw lol. Also, yeah I wasn't even thinking of Super Mario Galaxy, but now that I think about it, it's kind of like it right? I don't know, I was just aiming for a really cool yet child like piece and it appears that I've succeeded. Once again, thanks a lot dude!

IPA: /tʁwɑ.niks/ || Singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, visual artist, writer. Drummer with The Just Numbers.
Speaks in various tones of meeps.

Annette Singh @Troisnyx