View Profile Troisnyx

All 314 Audio Reviews

215 w/ Responses

The drums seem standard-issue but everything else seems really nice and danceable; the bass in particular is quite nice. I'd noticed that you reharmonised the melody for your chords; it seems quite fitting.

My main complaint is that 1:00 and 1:13 have a huge dynamics difference. When the bass kicks in again it suddenly feels too loud to me. I like the sense of buildup that you have at 1:33. It's a short track, I suppose, and it's decently varied for what it is -- though I'd loved to have seen a few more peaks and valleys, highs and lows. All the best!

To begin with, you can do a lot with just four bars.

I'm kinda not sure what to recommend except perhaps, to understand chords and how they work -- it feels quite jarring, purely on a musical standpoint, like everything feels all over the place. I guess with my lack of better phrases... I just imagine it'd do you a world of good, especially for future pieces.

That intro felt nice, especially for the short background that you provided, about a virus hack. I love the sounds you used here at 1:04 and thereabouts. The wubs in the middle felt a bit too long and drawn-out for my taste.

I think there were some missed opportunities -- you did use some good FX but I kinda felt more could be done with those sections. Frantic typing, error messages, pop-up screen noises... I'm not sure that this is a particularly *bad* virus as well, which kinda makes it lose its bite a little; parts of it felt relaxing, a bit too relaxing perhaps.

TodukenMusic responds:

Thanks for your opinion. And yes, I should have added that type of FX

First of all, the bass work is ace! The feel that this gives is probably a cross between Daft Punk and some johnfn's chiptunes (dreaming of robots in space, I believe that's what the title is, is what it brought to mind). I love the lead at 0:40, AND the key change at 1:09 and 2:22!

There's a general 80s vibe about this one, but also something that reminds me of arcade games at 1:40 onwards. It was, in my mind, a nice experience, something to semi-chill out to but also something to pump up to, say, after a long day. Section arrangement felt a bit weird to me -- very different intro, A, A2, very different B, A2, A, and so I did feel a bit disjointed after hearing it -- but nothing musically out of order, and nothing production-wise, at least to my ears. Keep up the good work, and all the best!

ChronoNomad responds:

Well hello there, Troisnyx! A pleasure to see your thoughts make an appearance here, to be sure. Apologies that it's taken me the better part of two days to write up a response, but I'm here to set that to rights. Without further ado...allons-y!

I'm seeing lots of high praise for the bass work I put into this track, so I guess I must have done something right in this crazy remix contest. And yeah, I'm also particularly fond of those key changes, especially the first one with the drop and subsequent build-up. Very proud of those bits and bobs. And to hear that it sounds like a cross between Daft Punk and johnfn (aka Grant) is very high praise, indeed!

The feel was meant to be a funky Chiptune groove with a bit of 80's Synthwave thrown in, so I guess I managed to hit that particular vibe, too. So bonus! I do enjoy breaking down conventional walls once in a while, and this track took a few bizarre twists and turns even for me. But hey, that's just how it is: sometimes you write the music, and sometimes it writes itself. C'est la vie.

Hey, it's a decidedly weird ride at times, but suffice to say I'm really glad to hear that it somehow remains thoroughly enjoyable. Many thanks once again for leaving such a lovely review, and - as always - I wish you the very best in all you do!

I like your intro, how you ease the listener into things. The melody, I like how you varied it when you brought it in, and how you varied those chords. There are parts where it's off-key, though.

Also, yes, the drums. Turning it down by a couple dB would have helped this piece, for sure, especially to make it as balanced as possible with the rest of the song. That being said: the drums are quite simple, and to the point.

Interesting change of phase at 2:10 and thereafter, and 3:09 and thereafter. Melody does run the risk of being repetitive if played over and over again.

That bass at 3:35 was ace. I would have loved to hear more of it. You did a really good groove with it, and that and the drums seem more balanced there.

Lamby07 responds:

tbh i hecked up the drumbs somehow while cutting it down, im tryna fix it but cant figure it out

Previous comments have echoed my thoughts exactly on this song, the melody is waaaay too fast for this song. WIth it taking pride of place all the time, there's very little chance for it to dip back in and out, and it feels very repetitive as a result. Also off-key around 0:35?

I did love the triplets in the drums though, in the intro and certain sections. Also, you seem to create some really nice ambiences, especially around 1:00, 1:10. There is an ethereal quality about those sections; certainly use those to your advantage. I have no complaints about the mixing, it's on point. All the best!

It sounds like something out of a fighting game select screen, especially the kind where you've got a new challenger (2P) involved and it's their select screen.

GFThePlayer responds:

Thank you!

The pads feel positively euphoric! I think the biggest draw was the buildup with the spacey pads in the beginning. Not sure I felt the lead. Like the walking bass. I think I echo the others' concerns about the song being repetitive, and that alone would cause me to dock one point. Still though: this piece did put a smile on my face.

1:38 was climactic and a nice change to this song. The dynamics after that were quite varied, soft, and then medium loud again. I loved that, well all the way into the 3-minute mark. We're missing some pew-pews and things that could be spacey, wet piano... -- I guess, some missed opportunities, but a decent sound, what you've got going here!

Oooooh, now this is nice. Short, and with the catchiness of TheWeebl. Presuming that everything here was done with the voice -- I love how it turned out!

For what this is, I am really enjoying it. There's a 70s, 80s vibe about this -- part of it does bring back Queen (you know, with the synthesisers bringing back vibes of "I Want To Break Free"). But it also feels like the dance music of the time, too, which you seem to have reproduced well.

I guess when it is time to put lyrics down, you'd doubtless go for something layered, much like a lot of 80s music -- but you've set some really good foundations. Everything seems to have its proper place for me; I have no complaints with regards to mixing.

AceMantra responds:

Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I really wanted to give off an 80s nostalgic feel.

I'm a little hesitant to put in lyrics because I've never mixed vocals before. I'm definitely going with your layering suggestion though. Maybe I'll give it an early "Duran Duran" sound.

Pronounced "trwa-nix." I dream up meepy dreams full of meep.
Currently doing things nonprofit.

Annette Singh @Troisnyx